Casual/On-Call Community Support Worker
Added: 03 August 2022
NOC Group: Community and Social Service Workers (4212)
NOC Job Title: Community Service Worker
We are seeking employees who are committed to developing trusting relationships with adults. Our employees assist adults in fostering their life skills and/or access to community resources. All employees will be provided with paid training for positive behavior support and MANDT.
This is a unique opportunity for you to apply your knowledge and utilize your skills to improve the quality of life of the people we support. This is a unionized position with the BCGEU grid 10 and/or grid 6. The pay range we are offering is $19.66 to $21.63 to start with benefit eligibility and a Pension Plan for any permanent position of 20+ hours.
Community Support Worker (CSW) provides support to adults with developmental disabilities in a residential setting. CSW support adults with daily life skills development; they ensure that the individuals’ physical needs are met by performing duties such as assisting with personal hygiene, preparing meals, and administering medication as required in accordance with established guidelines, procedures, and instructions. In addition, CSW will apply their knowledge from positive behavior support training to provide stabilization and consistent guidance for the individuals.
Qualifications and Education:
- Grade 12/GED Certificate
- A diploma in human/social services or a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Negative TB test Clearance
- Food Safe Certification
- Clear Health Certificate
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Class 7N, Class 5, or where required class 4 unrestricted driver’s license
- Clear and Current Driver’s Abstract.
- Mandt Certification (Available training upon successful application)
- Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults (Provincial)
- Proof of Vaccination against COVID-19 (CLBC Mandate)
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Physically capable of safely transferring individuals with mobility challenges using prescribed techniques and body mechanics.
- Available to work designated shift pattern.
- Meet the Community Support Worker Job Description.
- Demonstrated experience in providing services to adults with an intellectual disability.
- Proficiency in accurate, concise, and objective reporting & charting.
- Work effectively with others and resolve differences professionally.
- Time management with a structured, methodical approach for stability balanced with flexibility to prevent triggering anxiety.
- Communicating effectively with clients, co-workers, and following direction(s) from the PC II’s.
- Teaching and treatment approaches to facilitate learning & skill maintenance, including:
- augmentative communication,
- behavioral intervention strategies,
- assistive technology,
- emergency procedures for dealing with medical issues.
Automobile: Personal vehicle will be required at times.
This position is open to female and male applicants. As an Internal Posting, applicants require union membership to be considered eligible.