Looking for new Board Members
QCLA is a Non-Profit organization that supports people with diverse and developmental disabilities. QCLA has a dedicated team of volunteer Board of Director members consisting of 4 Executive Officers, including the roles of President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer, as well as Director Positions
The Key Duties of the Volunteer Board Director Position will be as follows:
1. Is a member in good standing of Quesnel Community Living Association (QCLA);
2. Is a member of the Board;
3. Regularly attends Board meetings and important related meetings;
4. Makes a serious Commitment to participate actively in committee work;
5. Volunteers for, and willingly accepts assignments, and completes them thoroughly and on time;
6. Stays informed about Board matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, reviews, and comments on Minutes and Reports;
7. Gets to know other Board members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus;
8. Is an active participant in the Boards’ annual evaluation and planning.
This position requires Grade 12 or GED. Preference is given to those candidates who have post-secondary education, and at least six (6) months relevant experience is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience in a non-profit board is preferred.
Experience or an understanding in the community social service sector, with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs, and related provincial and community support services is preferred.
This position requires a clear Criminal Record Check with the ability to work around Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Job Skills and Abilities:
This position requires an individual who has strong teamwork skills, effective communication skills (written and oral) and good organizational skills. The position requires openness to cultural diversity and support for nurturing family and support networks relationships.
* This is a Unpaid Volunteer Position which requires a 2-year commitment*
If you are interested please apply on-line or contact email@example.com.